Relevant Articles on Law School, Admissions, Employment, etc.
The following is an ad hoc collection of some timely articles that may be of interest or concern to prelaw students. If you have any suggestions for other articles to include, please send them to HPPLC with full citation.
Is Law School a Losing Game? New York Times, January 8, 2011.
- Law School Is Worth the Money: by Dean Lawrence Mitchell of Case Western School of Law, New York Times, November 28, 2012.
Law Schools’ Applications Fall as Costs Rise and Jobs Are Cut: New York Times, January 30, 2013.
- Pop Goes the Law: Chronicle of Higher Education, March 11, 2013.
- The Real Problem With Law Schools: They train too many lawyers: by Eric Posner. Slate, April 2, 2013.
- The Jobs Crisis at Our Best Law Schools is Much, Much Worse Than You Think: by Jordan Weissman, The Atlantic, April 9, 2013.
- The Economic Value of a Law Degree by Michael Simkovic and Frank McIntyre. HLS Program on the Legal Profession Research Paper No. 2013-6, April 13, 2013
- Debating, Yet Again, the Worth of Law School: by Steven M. Davidoff, New York Times, July 18, 2013
- NALP: Law School Class of 2012 Finds More Jobs, Starting Salaries Rise -- But Large Class Size Hurts Overall Employment Rate: [NALP: Employment for the Class of 2012 -- Selected Findings]
- The Last Days of Big Law: by Noam Scheiber, New Republic, July 21, 2013
- A Positive Spin on the Legal Job Market: by Jacob Gershman, WSJ Law Blog, May 8, 2013
- Number of LSAT Test Takers is Down 45% Since 2009: by Jacob Gershman, WSJ Law Blog, October 31, 2013
- Is the Legal Job Market Finally Picking Up? by Hillary Mantis, National Jurist, January 21, 2015
- Law Schools and Industry Show Signs of Life, Despite Forecasts of Doom: by Steven Davidoff Solomon [professor of law at UC Berkeley], New York Times, March 31, 2015